CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Miss K's first visit to Bollywood Veggies & Hay Dairies

Breakfast in a farm in Singapore? That's exactly what we did on saturday!
Tuck in the north west corner of Singapore is Bollywood Veggies. Their Bistro, Poison Ivy serves fresh produce from their farm.
Sipping coffee and tucking into our breakfast, most of which came from the plants just 100 meters away from your table is something which I never thought would be possible in our city state.

So what's our pick?


Miss K's favourite would be the organic banana and tapioca chips which came with the nasi lemak (obvious, huh!).
My favourite would be the banana bread, kueh Bingka and Kueh Kosui.
J's favourite, his aloe vera drink!

Would love to come back here for lunch one day as they have jackfruit curry and organic veggies freshly picked daily from their farm. They use no MSG in their cooking and little salt. I have to add that they definitely got the right amount of sugar in their banana bread and kuehs, well done!

For those who wants to bring their pooch along, there's actually a dog run at the farm! On our next trip here, we will definitely be bringing Gigi along.

While walking around the farm, we saw this sign. 

I was seriously thinking of going in to check out the "sanctuary", but with Miss K refusing to walk and only wants "mama to carry" we had to make our way home.

So, here's my little koala, all fully "urbanised", refusing to touch any leaves, refusing to trod along the garden path. Sigh. I guess I have a long way to go in educating her to appreciate the countryside.



On our way home, we made a quick visit to Hay Dairies as I promised Miss K that we will go and visit some goats that morning.



I felt sorry for the goats. They were all caged up, looked thin and weary, (AVA does not allow feeding by public anymore, which they once allowed, I totally support this new rule)...and when I heard a few of them bleating away, I just felt sad for them. Having seen fat, healthy goats in Europe roaming free, grazing in the green pastures, I am sure these goats will be so jealous if they know that their europeans cousins are leading such a good life 6,000 miles away.

I had wanted to get Miss K to try some goat's milk, so I got a small bottle of chocolate flavoured one for her ($2) and suprisingly she loved it! Very fresh tasting, much fresher than cow's milk, actually. I love it too!


So, will I succeed in educating Miss K about appreciating the country side? Well, I can only hope...

No comments :

Post a Comment