CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Say 'cheese'


"Mama, say cheese"

What's with toddlers and this pose?
I have seen a few toddlers her age posing this way too. I did not teach her this pose; no idea where she got the idea from...but I have to say, they do look rather cute posing this way.

When J brings out his camera, she will immediately go into the 'recce mode'; gives a good look around the living room and runs to spot #1, starts to pose, then runs to spot #2, pose, smiles and screams "Mama, cheese", "Papa, look, look (me), say cheese".

And like many girls her age, she has dethroned me and is now officially our home's Miss Chatterbox - The Queen. I'm trying to get used to her queries on almost everything! 

This was our conversation as we walked towards the car after picking her up from childcare yesterday:

Miss K: "What's that, Mama"

Me: Its a bird. How many birds are there?

Miss K: one, two, tee, four, five, sis, sewen, ek, nine, ten!

Me: Ten birds? Are you sure? What are the birds doing?

Miss K: Hmmm. Yes. Ten Bird. Bird fly in sky!! oh, bird flyyyy away. Mama, look, clouds! Many clouds, CLOUDS!!!. Oooo....What's that?

Me: Yes, that's right.

*Walks towards car*

Miss K: "My car!" Walks to driver side "Mummy's car"

Me: Alright, let's get you strapped in.

Miss K: I want buckle. No, NO!! Buckle this way.

Me: *Gives fierce look, strapped her in and starts engine*

Miss K: Thirsty, mama, I want water. What's that? Mama, look! mirror! Mama, sing Baa Baa Black sheep?

Me: Alright. Can you teach mummy some songs you learnt from school?
sings a few songs while driving home.

Arrived home....

Miss K: Where's Gigi? Where's Papa? Mama, I want booberry, I want pear, no I want papaya

Me: We can only have one fruit tonight, what do you  want?

Miss K: I want watch Barney

Me: !%^&#$%^

4 comments :

  1. HAHAHAH i cannot help laughing she's so funny la

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is full of opinions nowadays...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And she can talk very well too.
    Ian, sadly, has picked up singlish, most probably from me :(

    Me: Ian, do you want to eat pear?
    Ian: Pear ar? yeasss..

    Me: Ian, please keep all your toys.
    Ian: Keep ar? Noooo...

    I hope he'll grow out of this once he can form longer sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LTY,
    hahahaha....todds this age have the same behaviour! At least your's honest, when I ask mine to keep toys, she will nod her head, says yeaass...but never keeps!
    Girls are chattier, so not to worry, Ian will talk so much you'll have problem shutting him up soon!
    Mine does away with adjuncts...still not perfect sentences, but I guess acceptable at this age :) heh.

    ReplyDelete