CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 01, 2011

My Potty Pooper's Potty Training

I am here to proudly announce that Miss K has now officially passed the potty poop test with an A+.
Hooray!

I have to say that when I started her off on potty training, I was not looking at a hardcore regime which includes potty "drills" recommended by several potty training expert sites.

Let me share my potty training experience...

Week 1
Introduced her to the potty (free potty which came with the baby cot, I didn't bother buying any fancy ones with handles, music, elevation etc) before her bathtime at 8pm. I spent about 5 minutes per day showing her the potty (minus weekends), sat on it to show her how it should be used & encourage her to sit on it. She refused for the first few days, but after a while, she could sit on the potty for about....10 seconds.



Week 2
If you have read my previous entry on potty training, you'll know about the potty books which I find incredibly helpful when it comes to potty training.
This is Miss K's favourite potty book, she loves this book so much I had to renew/borrow it 3 times!


Week 2's potty time is more like a "story time" before her bath time. The little one will always beam with joy when I declare "Its Potty Time" as she knows its story time. I encouraged her by asking her whether she will pee and poo like Lily does? She will always nod and said "YES" most of the time - but no poo, no pee....yet.

Week 3
Miraculously, she pooped!
The next day, as she sat on her potty, I did not pin my hopes on her being able to "deliver" what she did the day before...but she did!
And since her first ever potty poop, like clockwork, she delivers her "stuff" once a day, everynight, right before bath time.


It has been about a month now, and she still poops on schedule, well done, Miss K!


No comments :

Post a Comment