CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Bye-bye train(tracks)

So, on the same day Minister Khaw Boon Wan brought his wife, daughter and chihuahua for a final walk on the tracks, I too, brought the Hubby, Miss K and our westie for that "final" walk on the tracks.

The excitement started when we decided to follow a throng of  visitors up a slope by the main road, in hope for a short cut to the railway tracks. It was a short cut lined by a meter long lalang grass which terrified the dog. The dog stopped dead in her tracks and since there was a LONG queue of people behind me, I frantically started tugging the dog so hard that the dog broke loose from her leash; I screamed for the dog to stay; I can see the aunty behind me started to get rather nervous as we suddenly had a dog on the loose situation, so I frantically scooped the dog up and quickly proceed towards J and Miss K who were then struggling to cross this narrow 45 degrees slanted wooden plank to get down onto the the tracks!



Not too sure whether taking this short cut was a good idea afterall...all these commotion just to get to the tracks which is a mere 100m from our home!

But we did enjoy the short walk from hillview to the Bridge at Rail Mall.


Recollecting the times when the Railway was still in operation, those times when I (sometimes) have to wait at the manual operated level crossing for the train to pass when picking Miss K up from her infant care; hearing the whistle of the train speeding by when taking my nice evening stroll with the dog (this was before Miss K's arrival) ...I do have mixed feelings about bidding farewell to the railway tracks.

No comments :

Post a Comment