CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Shopping for the Toddler in USA

Alright. I told myself that I will practise self-control when it comes to buying clothes for my toddler, but in USA, one just can't help but to shop, shop and SHOP!

If you were to compare prices of Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree and Pumpkin Patch with those you get in Singapore, it is about half the price!

So, which are the shops on sale right now?









I found out that in New Jersey (where I am right now) there are no sales tax on clothing items! Their goods tax is 7%.

(In USA, different states has different taxes on goods. There is no such thing as "GST-free" shopping here)

New York City is 8+%.
Quite dissapointed about shopping for myself - Their XS is like our 'L' back home. So, to date, I only bought A BELT. How dissapointing. I need to spend more money visiting those boutique stores that carries clothing for 'smaller built' people. Normal high street stores are just way out of my size.
No more clothings for today, I need to visit Babies 'R' Us, Walmrt, Target etc and stock up on California Baby products and other necessities.

1 comment :