CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day with Love

Last year, for my first Mother's Day 'present' from Infant Care, Miss K (who was 9 months then) came back with this piece of artwork.



On it was written these words:

To my dearest mum,

Sometimes you get discouraged
because I am so small
and always leave my fingerprints and
footprints on furniture wall

But everyday I am growing
I'll be grown someday
and all those tiny prints
will surely fade away

So here's a little footprint
just so you can recall
exactly how my feet looked
when I was very small

After reading it, I teared; I felt so blessed being a MUM.

This year, Miss K came home with a Love Scribbled Balloon attached to a laminated picture card.

It is a very simple gift but being able to get to "see" the makings of this 'Mother's Day gift' definitely made the gift extraordinary~!
We get updates in the form of a blog written by her teacher-in-charged every week.
These photos are courtesy of Miss K's teacher, Cynthia.










On one side is  written 'Happy Mother's Day' and on the other, a picture of mum and daughter with a really nice quote from A little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mothers.



The hubby brought us to this highly rated Greek Restaurant along Bukit Timah Road - Blu Kouzina for my Mother's Day Dinner.

We had the Spanakopita as starters which was really yummy, Miss K loved it.
For the mains, we had a Salamaki Souvlaki, a 800g Red Snapper which was really fresh and grilled to perfection and grilled jumbo prawns.

Ended the meal with a nice homemade Baklava.

That meal brought back memories of our courtship years in Europe and of our visits to Greece.

It was a wonderful Mother's Day :)

No comments :

Post a Comment