CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spargel

'Spargel' is the White Asparagus. Apprently, its in season now. J came home with 2 bundles of 'Spargel' from Germany. I think the Germans love these white asparagus to bits as they even have a 'Spargelfest' - Asparagus Festival once a year!
Well, I guess the fact that it is only available once a year makes it extra special. 



Miss K was rather perplexed with that bundle of asparagus, she was scrutinising it for a while, then turned to me and said "draw?" (I disrupted her drawing session, so she must have thought that they were new sets of crayons) - I told her no, its asparagus and its for dinner. Then she immediately said "mummy cook". Yes, well done.

A slightly different preparation was needed for these white guys, so it took me a while to search the web for the proper way to cook them before it ended up on the dinner table! Such a shame I totally forgot to take a picture of my creation, but it was yummy!
These white guys are definitely much better than their green counterparts!



No comments :

Post a Comment